It would help if I actually uploaded the last page of the epilogue... oops.
So... here's where things stand. This wraps up the first arc of Almost Aware. It didn't turn out as well as I would have liked, but hopefully you still enjoyed it. Over the next few months, before the next arc starts being uploaded here, I am going to prepare. Now that I am at the tail end of this arc, I can see a bunch of things I wish I had done... I am going to try to do the second arc right.
1. Write out the plot for the second arc. I know the general idea of what sorts of things I want to happen, but in order for a more reasonable pacing to happen, I want it plotted out in advance.
2. Create character reference models, for more consistency and differentiation. It would help me immensely to take the time to get specific proportions for all of my characters worked out, in simple poses. This is something that every comic artist is "supposed" to do, but I never had time once I got started.
3. Create a significant buffer. (over a month of updates) I have found in the past (before I hit the rough spots that ate my buffer) that I can get pages done faster if I am working on more than one at once... for instance if I do 4 pages of drawing, then all the lines, then all the shading, then all the coloring, I can easily get 4 pages done in 2 weeks. If I need to do it one page at a time, I have a hard time getting 2 done per week. However, without a buffer, I can't afford to be working on pages that far in advance... so a buffer is a must.
So. I won't be having normal updates for quite a while. However, do stop by every once in a while... I will still be posting things here from time to time.
During the hiatus, I am planning on posting:
- character references : I'm making them, might as well show them off
- bridge updates : There are a couple plot points that I will explain, of how we get from arc 1 to arc 2, since there will be a short time gap.
- 'extras' : I still owe you a few, to make the 'reports' one make sense. I decided against making the other part of it immediately, because I realized the compare/contrast would happen after this hearing was over chronologically.
- Status updates : I'll keep you up-to-date on how the tasks are going
- Website updates : I hope to make the site more user friendly
Thanks for bearing with me. Please let me know if you have enjoyed things so far, and if there is anything that you think I should keep in mind for the next arc.
I know this is an old post but... After reading the first five text-things I got a severe sense of deja vu and nostalgia at the same time. I was reminded of a dream or maybe a story I made up when I was around 5 or so that basically started my whole doodling/writing/both together phase (Which is still going by the way). I think the dream/story was about a world that was entirely jungles and ruins and there was a thief guy who was betrayed by his boss and then launched a secret organization to defeat the company he formerly worked for?...
Do you think that's strange?
I N F O R M A T I O N
On hiatus. Updating sporadically while the next arc is worked on.